Saturday, September 8, 2012

Roaming the streets of Galway and Dublin…

We got to Galway on August 31st bright and early. I woke up around 6:30 am to see us come to land, because lets face it, after a week at sea, land is really, super, exciting. The morning was pretty rushed with people trying to get into their groups for field labs and trying to find their "travel buddies" but Emily, Carrie, and I finally got together and got in a life boat. Then we headed to shore. "Tendering" as people call it, was actually not as scary as it looked with the huge waves and wind. I don't know, maybe I was lucky it wasn't too windy.
Once we got to Galway we found our hostel on Quay street. Carrie and Melanie (who was meeting up with us later) were staying with me at Barnacles and we had a room full of sas people. Had so much fun that night. We went out to a couple pubs and met up with a huge group of people. Galway was absolutely gorgeous. The buildings are all painted different colors, there are dogs everywhere, and the people are so friendly! We went to this amazing little bakery on quay st. I had some of the best food...
The next morning Melanie and I woke up early to meet up with Emily at her hostel (she was staying down the street). Then Emily, Yadu, Carrie and I decided to go to the cliffs of Moher.
They were stunning and I am so happy I decided to go. I don't think I have ever seen something so beautiful. While it was raining and windy and almost miserable, I had a great time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment